GENERAL BUSINESS CONDITIONS
FOR OPERATION OF SHARED ELECTRIC BIKES IN THE CITY OF TRNAVA
I. General Provisions
- These general business conditions (hereinafter “GBCs”) amend the mutual rights, obligations and principles of a contractual relationship based on a Transport Mean Hire Contract (hereinafter “the Hire Contract”) concluded in accordance with Section 630 and subs. of the Commercial Code between the City of Trnava (hereinafter “the City”) as a lessor of transport means, namely an electric bike (hereinafter as “the Hire Subject”) registered in a system of electric bike hire (hereinafter “the Bikesharing System”), and a natural person, namely a citizen or visitor to the City of Trnava (hereinafter “the User”), as a lessee of transport means.
- The Hire Contract shall be concluded for an indefinite period of time, starting from the date when the Hire Contract is signed by the User, based on registration in the Bikesharing System in the manner herein specified. The Hire Contract shall be subject to disclosure pursuant to Act No. 211/2000 Coll. regarding free access to information, as amended, (Act on Free access to Information) which is obligatory for the City of Trnava.
II. Basic Conditions
- After successful registration in the Bikesharing System, the User shall be entitled to temporary use of an electric bike for a payment, as indicated in the price list under the conditions defined herein, which comprises an inseparable part of these GBCs and it is published on the website bikesharing.trnava.sk.
- Registration is available for all persons over 18 years of age.
- Users can be registered in the Bikesharing System in three ways:
- personally at the City Office in Trnava
- On the website bikesharing.trnava.sk
- By means of the mobile application “Freebike”
6. The Users of the Bikesharing System shall identify themselves against the City by means of their access data, which are a login number and a PIN. It is recommended that the PIN be kept secret. The City shall disclaim from any misuse of either the login number or the PIN. The User shall be obliged to report on any loss or misuse of the login or PIN to the City, so that both the login and PIN can be blocked. The Users shall be entitled to change their PIN at any time on their account at the bikesharing.trnava.sk website address. Each User shall be responsible for technical protection of one’s mobile telephone or any other equipment in order to avoid any misuse of one’s login data, i.e. for instance by means of a secured access to the device, an anti-virus programme or a similar programme.
7. The User is not allowed to share their bike with other persons, with an exception as granted under section 3 herein. The User is obliged to avoid any damage to the electric bike. The User shall bear the damage caused by oneself, or by any person with access enabled by the User by one’s own conduct or due to act of omission of access to the electric bike.
8. The electric bike is used and returned by the User to the City by means of the Bikesharing System. An electric bike is left to be used by a User when that bike is unblocked via the mobile application or using a User card for login into the Bikesharing System. The electric bike is returned by the User when they log out of the system via the mobile application or their card. The User shall be obliged to check that the bike has been returned in the proper manner by means of the mobile application or one’ ard (options for returning of the Hire Subject are included in the price list).
III. Regulations for the Use of Electric Bikes1. Each User shall take responsibility for use of the electric bike and shall be obliged to check the technical condition of the bike immediately before appropriation at the latest, particularly:
- the brakes – both front and rear,
- operational capacity and position of the handlebars
- the condition of wheels and tyres.
4. The User shall be obliged and committed to treating the bike as a proper caretaker, and to using the same in such a manner as to avoid any damage or excessive wear. The User shall be responsible for each and every damage caused to the electric bike, as well as for damage to the health and property of third parties caused by use of the electric bike under their access data throughout the period when the electric bike is used, regardless of whether they or another party were using the bike at the time. If the electric bike is stolen or damaged throughout the period when it is being used by the User as a result of their acting or omission of an obligation resulted thereto, the User shall pay the costs necessary for returning the electric bike to its original state and in the case of any damage caused to the electric bike the User shall pay its purchase price to the City. The City disclaims from any damage that might arise to the User in this respect.
5. The User shall be obliged not to leave the electric bike in places where there is a high risk of theft or of violation of third person rights.
6. The electric bike can only be used in publicly accessible places. Entering closed premises and private lands with the electric bike is forbidden.
7. Riding the electric bike in the pedestrian zone on Hlavná Street in Trnava is forbidden. In case that this prohibition is violated by the User, his account shall be blocked for violation of GBCs and he shall be sanctioned with a contractual penalty corresponding to a relevant price list available on the website bikesharing.trnava.sk. the User’s account shall be unblocked again after the contractual penalty has been paid by him.
8. The User shall be charged for returning the electric bike outside of a classified area. The amount of the sum is indicated in the relevant valid price list, available on bikesharing.trnava.sk The electric bike cannot be returned outside of a classified red zone.9. Parking (i.e. leaving) shared city electric bikes into a bike tower is forbidden. In case that this prohibition is violated by the User or any other person and damage is incurred by the operator or to the third party, he shall be obliged to compensate all the damage caused by him. The registered User’s account shall be blocked and he will be sanctioned with a contractual penalty amounting to the sum as indicated in the relevant price list available on the website bikesharing.trnava.sk. In consequence, the contract with the User shall be terminated pursuant to the article X herein. Repeated registration of the User is not permitted.
10. Electric bike must not be locked with a bike lock or in any other manner.
11. Authorization of use can be controlled by an authorized employee of the City of Trnava. The User shall be obliged to prove cooperation.
IV. Road Traffic Regulations
V. Traffic Accident
VI. Electric Bike Theft
2. If the User, through their own actions or neglect, violates the conditions for claiming insurance payouts via an insurance policy, or fails to comply with the GBCs thereof, (particularly if they leave the electric bike unlocked from the Bikesharing system, in an inappropriate place, etc.), and the electric bike is stolen, damaged or destroyed, the User shall be obliged and committed to remunerate the damages to the City.
VII. Charges for Electric Bike Use
2. After a payment for the period is settled by the User, the City shall add a credit to the User account in the Bikesharing system amounting to a payment for the period by a relevant price list indicated on a bikesharing.trnava.sk website.The Credit is understood as a sum deposited by the User, which can then be reduced by single payments to the City for hire of the electric bike, payment for returning of the electric bike outside a classified area and the payment for breaks.
3. If an owed sum exceeds the available credit amount, the User shall be obliged to remunerate the City for the sum without any delay i.e. within 5 working days at the latest. A contractual sanction will be charged for every day of delay, amounting to 1 % of the outstanding sum.
4. If after the end of a period the outstanding credit charged by the User is exceeding the amount of the payment for a period it can be added to the User’s credit for the following season in case the User pays a payment for the following period
VIII. Sanctions and Penalties
- If the User uses the electric bike in any manner contradictory to the GBCs of the Bikesharing System, or fails to protect appropriately the electric bike against misuse, theft or damage, the City of Trnava shall be entitled to block that User’s account and require a contractual penalty amounting to Eur 100-. The User account shall be unblocked again after the penalty has been paid by him. The contractual penalty may be imposed repeatedly in case of constant violation of these GBCs by the User. This does not affect the User’s duty to remunerate the City for any damage incurred by the City in this respect.
- In case of violation of the art. III, par. 7 and 9 respectively of these GBCs the contractual penalty shall be imposed on the User in accordance with a relevant price list indicated on a website bikesharing.trnava.sk.
- If the User uses the electric bike in a manner contradictory to generally binding legal regulations, or violates their obligations resulting from these GBCs or the Hire Contract, and as a result a sanction is imposed directly on the City by respective police authorities or state administration authorities, the User shall be obliged to remunerate the City for this sanction. The City shall be entitled to require compensation for the sanction from the User and to charge the User for all costs incurred by the City in this respect.
- The City shall be entitled to decide on possible reduction of the contractual penalty or that it is not imposed with an account taken on individual circumstances of a particular case.
IX. Personal Data Protection
- By registering in the Bikesharing System, the User must be aware that, with regard to the contractual relationship between the User and the City, personal data shall be processed in accordance with Article 6, par. 1., letter b) of the European Parliament and EU Council provision 2016/679 on 24 April 2016, which concerns protection of natural persons with respect to personal data processing, free movement of data, and abolishment of Directive 95/46/ES and Section 13, par. 1, letter b) of Act No. 18/2018 Coll., which concerns personal data protection, as amended, (hereinafter as “Act No.18/2018 Coll”) with respect to name and surname, address, date of birth, ID card number or number of any other card proving one’s identity.
- With respect to fulfilment and execution of one’s rights and obligations within the indicated contractual relationship with the City, the User shall be informed about personal data processing in the Bikesharing System within the following scope: contact data, telephone number, email address, permanent residence address, information on the history of orders, information on the location of the electric bike at the moment of its appropriation and return, date of registration into the Bikesharing System, data on telephone number verification.
- The personal data being processed are confidential, are to be used exclusively to execute the Hire Contract and GBCs herein, and will be disclosed only to the extent of a contract being made publically available which is obligatory in accordance with the Act on freedom of information and not be otherwise disclosed or provided to any third party.
- The affected person shall be entitled to exercise their rights in accordance with Articles 15–22 of the European Parliament and EU Council Provision 2016/697, from 27 April 2016, which concerns the protection of natural persons, and Act No.18/2018 Coll. on personal data protection as amended.
X. Termination of a Contractual Relationship
1. The contractual relationship between the User and the City shall be terminated by:
a. withdrawal from the Contract,
b. termination of a contractual relationship
d. agreement of contracting parties.
2. The User can withdraw from the contract within 14 days of conclusion of the Transport Means Hire Contract. After withdrawal of the User from the Hire Contract, the remaining credit of the User shall be used to settle any receivables against the City by the User and remaining credit is to be returned to them upon a written request.
3. The contractual relationship between the User and the City shall be terminated if the User fails to increase their credit for the following period. After termination of the contractual relationship, the remaining credit shall be used to settle any receivables against the City by the User and remaining credit is to be returned to them upon a written request.
4. Without stating any reason, the Hire Contract can be terminated by a notice from any contracting party delivered to the address of another contracting party, as indicated in the head of the Hire Contract. The Contract shall be terminated after expiration of a notice period, which begins on the day following the day of the notice delivery to another contracting party. After a notice given a credit amounting to a fee for the period is deduced from the User account and any accounts receivables of the City against the User shall be settled and the remaining credit is to be returned to the User.
5. Accounts receivable by the City from the User shall remain valid even after the contractual relationship has been terminated.
6. Termination of the contractual relationship results in termination of the User’s right to use electric bikes from the Bikesharing System. The User will be removed from the Bikesharing System and their account will be blocked.
XI. Common and Final Provisions
1. The User shall be aware that they, as a consumer, shall be entitled to submit a proposal for alternative resolution of disputes to the Slovak Business Inspection, in accordance with the Act No. 319/2015 on an alternative resolution of consumer disputes as amended.
2. As per Act No. 102/2014 Coll. on consumer protection in the selling of goods or providing services as amended, and in accordance with a contract concluded remotely or outside the vendor’s premises, a Proposal for the extrajudicial resolution of a dispute resulting from a contract concluded via a website can also be submitted via a platform for dispute resolution online, which is operated by the European Commission.
3. The existence of the above-mentioned extrajudicial methods shall not affect any other options for dispute resolution.
4. The Hire contract concluded, and each use of the electric bike, shall be governed by the GBCs.
5. Relationships not amended by these GBCs and the Hire Contract shall be governed by relevant legal regulations.
6. These GBCs became valid and effective on 25 February 2020.
7. The City shall be entitled to unilaterally amend the GBCs, and the User shall accept the amendment at their first electric bike appropriation after the amended GBCs are published on the website bikesharing.trnava.sk.
8. Any amendments and annexes thereto shall be declared by the City on its website bikesharing.trnava.sk at least 14 days before being put into effect.
9. By registration in the Bikesharing System in accordance with the art. II, par. 3 letter b) and c) and conclusion of the Hire Contract in accordance with the art. II, par. 3, letter a) the User confirms that he or she has read the GBCs and agrees with them.
10. Hire Contracts concluded during the trial run shall remain valid.